Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Amigurumi swap - done!

Inky and I finished our amigurumi challenge, and we met up for the swap on Sunday. Here's what we made:Inky's creation (on the right) was the most awesome teal skate in the world. He's happy and floaty and he's currently keeping my other skates company on the shelf in my office. They all seem very happy together. As soon as my camera recharges I'll take a picture of them all so that you can judge for yourself..

My piece (on the left) was a bastardized version of a pattern I found on Etsy. It was supposed to be a little boy in a T-Rex suit, but I decided that it had to be an Inkysaurus instead. Note the dark bangs and big dangly earrings. Due to some equipment shortages in my area (darn you, Orange Park Joann's and Michael's) my amigurumi didn't turn out exactly the way I planned, but I'm still fairly pleased with the results.

And just because Inky is awesome, she made a bonus amigurumi:

Meet the beet! He's soft and cuddly and, unlike his vegetable cousins, does not make me sick to my stomach. He makes me happy instead. He also makes Bean happy; she appropriated him on the way home.

Since we finished early, I started a hat for Bean out of pinky camouflaged yarn. I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the month. I should get it done by the end of the month, darn it! Look at all the stuff Inky can churn out. Inky rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment