Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Day Late and a Dollar Short!

I swear to y'all I had this done on time. But I had almost no sleep the other night and had to patrol my family's yard sale early in the morning, so I wound up going to bed at 3:30 pm yesterday and woke up too late and too groggy to post on time.

Behold my nonsense!:



I hate chalk pastels, y'all. I was telling SKate the other day, if chalk pastels were a person, I would murder them, because they would likely be the most annoying person that ever walked the face of the planet. I also think that I used entirely the wrong paper for this, but it's not like I am going to do it over.

Chalk pastels bug me. They honestly give me chills. I cannot abide the sensation of accidentally scraping my fingernails on them, nor can I stand washing my hands every three seconds. I have been looking at the reference drawings I did for this composition and I am thinking I'll redo this one in black and white. It is less eerie in color. Or I could tone the color down; we'll see. All I know is, I am not doing anything in chalk except drawing on a sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment