Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I am a b*tch slapped potential grad student.

So here's where I stand on my January challenge:

1) I have ordered my GRE prep book, and it will be here by Saturday (hurray! I slip in under the line!)

2) No colleges in my general area offer a master's program in Economics.

The closest place that offers my preferred program is Gainesville (about 60-80 minutes drive), but they have this hideous, ivory-tower prep program that feeds straight into a PhD. and accepts only about one person a year. I don't have the time, the motivation, or the GPA for that. My other option for an advanced Economics degree is University of Central Florida (two and a half hours drive). Their program actually looks great, but seriously - five hours in the car? If I feel I can't simultaneously hold down a full time job and take care of my daughter, how the heck can I justify that?

So it's back to the drawing board for me. Right now the plan is to pass the GRE, and then I'll either find another subject to study or try to work something out with UCF. Either way, I'll make it happen. It will just take some evil plotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment