Sunday, January 25, 2009

I am a frustrated artist.

You can read the above in your preferred hilarious accent. Bonjour c'est moi Inky with the update to my challenge. It's coming down to the line, isn't it?

Being unemployed has its perks. The main perk is that I don't have to go to work, but really, I am able to draw as much as I like and not worry about the fact that it might be five in the morning. Therefore, I have completed a concept sketch for my finished project. Hooray! The hardest part is over.

However, even though I have many scraps from my very short art school education, I don't think I have the right paper for these darn oil pastels. I think I only have smooth Bristol board. UNSUITABLE. However, now that I am looking up oil pastels on the Internet, it seems that I can use watercolor paper. Who knew? Not I. So perhaps somewhere amidst the remnants of my semester at Ringling, there is some watercolor paper, and I will not have to spend my money on yet another pad of expensive art paper.

Also, while I am speaking of looking up oil pastels on the internet, I never really thought of the act of using them being called 'painting'. Oh well. I guess I have always thought of it as a high-class crayon.

That's it for me. I hope there is some watercolor paper lurking in my room. Hope to post again soon with the finished results!

No comments:

Post a Comment